Friday, June 12, 2009

Busy-ness is a bad business

I got sick last week - and I am still sick. Here it is the middle of June and I have what feels like the flu, and it wont go away. The funny thing is that I know why I got sick. Without fail the main reason why I get the flu is that my body is screaming for a break. It is crying out for some rest and some time to just do nothing. I find that hard to do, but have done my best this week to have a 'quiet' week. What is strange to me is that in this, my 'quiet' week I have worked in the clinic two afternoons, presented a poster at a National Conference for PT's, had a meeting to discuss my research agenda for the next year and a half, talked with church staff about some significant changes, had two meetings at church and had a softball game canceled due to rain.

Aside from these few items on my to-do list this has been a quiet week. I have had 3 mornings at home and been able to do absolutely nothing - which I must admit feels a little odd.

When I say that I am doing nothing at home that is not really an accurate statement. With our Summer StreetReach mission only a few weeks away we are busy organizing and planning. This is a busy time, but it will all be worth it. One more week of busy-ness until we have a week away as a family - and that will truly be a week of down-time.

So here is to hard work, and here is to looking towards good rest.

No comments: