Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Can You Hear The Song In My Head?

Last night I witnessed the sweetest thing I have seen in a long time - my 4 year old daughter leaned into my wife, placing her head up beside my wife's ear and asked, "can you hear the song in my head mommy?"

The song in my little angel's head was 'Blessed assurance" and with my wife unable to hear it, Cara proceeded to sing it and share the music. I was in awe of this exchange. The innocence of my daughter thinking that the music she could hear inside her head was loud enough for others to hear, and beside that, the song was an old hymn, albeit to a new tune.

What would it be like if we could actually hear the things in other people's heads? Maybe Bruce Almighty gave us a little insight to the clamor we would be subject to if we could actually hear what was in everyone's heads. I wonder if like me, you begin to think through a simple concept like this to its logical conclusion and get blown away at how many people there are with how many thoughts, and yet God is able to listen to them all - and He doesn't get things confused. I have two kids and I get their names mixed up.

It just shows you how great our God is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some good thoughts here jason, it was fun reading.
agm